We provide formal and informal education activities, as well as outreach activities that target culturally diverse audiences of educators and students, environmental professionals, resource users and the general public. Education and public programs, interpretive exhibits and community outreach programs integrate elements of Reserve System science, research and monitoring activities and ensure a systematic, multi-faceted, and locally focused approach to fostering stewardship.
We are committed to preparing today’s and tomorrow’s leaders with the knowledge and understanding of our nation’s oceans and coasts to be responsible stewards.
A couple things to note:
- Reservations are required
- Aligned to State and National standards
- Aligned to Ocean and Estuarine Literacy Principles
- 10:1 Student/Adult Ratio
- Minimum group size = 10
- Maximum group size = 45
- No fee for school groups with reservation
Camps are one-week long (Monday - Friday) from 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. We offer camps for students from 4-6yrs, 7-9yrs, 10-12yrs, and 13-15yrs. Click here to view and sign up for our summer camps.
- Guided Family Explorations - This includes the Guided Nature and Cultural Hike along the Guana Peninsula, Guided Beach Hike along Guana Beach, Matanzas Inlet Hike, River-to-Sea Preserve Nature Hike, Marineland Beach Hike, and Family Seining.
- Marineland Lecture Series - This program is one of an ongoing lecture series presented on the 3rd Tuesday of the month by the GTM Research Reserve and Marineland Dolphin Adventure.
- Afternoon Insights - This is offered on a quarterly basis. Visitors have the opportunity to learn more than they ever wanted to know about plant and animal life found in estuarine habitats.
The Coastal Training Program consists of training professionals from the national program and the 28-site reserve system working together to develop a curriculum that moves national coastal management priorities forward, addresses local needs, and ensures the effective use of reserve-based science.
Click to learn about professional opportunities or meet our Coastal Training staff.