October 18 @ 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
On the third Wednesday of themed educational months (February, April, June and October) from 3-4 p.m., visitors can learn about plant and animal life found in estuarine habitats. Get a closer look at a new topic each of these themed months, led by our knowledgeable volunteer docents, as well as researchers and members of environmental organizations. The program is free with free admittance to the Exhibit Hall prior to the lecture. The event takes place in the Environmental Education Center’s auditorium located at 505 Guana River Road in South Ponte Vedra Beach.
October 18 – Sea Turtles
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I need a reservation to attend? Yes, please register online by following the links provided above.
- If I can’t make it, how do I cancel my reservation? Upon making the reservation you should have received an email confirmation. There is information about canceling within the email. Since a lot of our guided family programs are full, we strongly encourage you to cancel (as opposed to just not showing up) so that we may accommodate another person/family.
- What should I wear? The event is indoors, therefore seasonal attire is appropriate.
- What should I bring? Please bring a reusable water bottle, camera, and your printed off ticket.
- Where should I turn in my ticket when I get there? CLICK HERE for a Google Map. Bring your ticket to the Environmental Education Center on the day of the scheduled presentation to gain entry. Please arrive by 2:45 p.m., the lecture begins promptly at 3:00 p.m.
- Are there any fees? No.
- Is there anything else to see? You will be able to tour the Environmental Education Center free of charge before the lecture. Once the lecture has ended, you are welcome to explore our many trails. You will also have access to the beaches at our South, Middle, and North access lots (an all-day parking pass will cost $3 and can be used at the trailhead, dam area, and all three beach lots).